home     about     contact     styling        

Thursday, June 8, 2017

Casual Black Outfit + Linkup







Black top (on sale, size up) // Jeans // Sandals (go 1/2 size down) // Hat (similar) // Circle Purse // Scarf

June is one of those weird weather months in LA. Every year, without fail, the fog and clouds just roll in. You think I would accept it by now. I am an LA native, but there's a naive part of me hoping it will skip this year. Doesn't look like June Gloom is missing out. So it makes for interesting dressing. You get up reaching for sweaters. Then by midday, you're regretting all the warm layers. While I don't recommend wearing all black in the middle of Summer, I have a better chance at getting away with it during this split weather month. 

Now, let's talk accessories. Every season I find myself adding in new accessories to transition into the next season. This bag is my new go-to bag and it's on major sale. It fits your essentials and adds a unique twist to any outfit. The other purchase that I'm so excited about are these suede sandals. Literally, they feel as close to being barefoot (in a good way). If you know me well, you'd know that I'd rather be barefooted as much as possible. But they don't need any breaking in and could wear them with just about anything! 

Let's flashback to last year's look here. Besides being a neutral outfit, it brings me back to one of my favorite cities, San Francisco. Better yet, it makes me wish I was still waiting to eat at one of best brunch spots, Nopa. In between waiting for a table, we found a cute alley to snap some pictures. You guys go there. It's completely worth the wait.

Thank you for linking up with Jessica and I! We get so happy seeing all your great posts. Our picks are Ruth from My Little Nest and Rachael from Threads for Thomas!




10 comments:

  1. Oh thank you so much for the feature! It means a lot so thank you! I love this all black casual chic look. Those sandals are perfect!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wished that hats looked that good on me! Thank you for hosting xx
    www.vanityandmestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't go wrong with all black outfit and you are rocking it! I love all the little details from your sleeves to your shoes and other accessories! Great look.

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this all black look, and your lighter accessories look perfect with it! That is such a cute top. Thank you for the feature!
    Rachael
    www.threadsforthomasblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful top!! Love your minimalist style!

    xx,Elise
    www.sparkleandslippers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The June gloom is such a strange concept to me. I love this all black with your perfect accents.

    Amy Ann
    Straight A Style

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, your circle bag is the best, and it looks like you and Jessica were on the same wavelength for your outfits today.
    http://www.iamchiconthecheap.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's no secret that I love a things off the shoulder, but when there's bows involved as well... I'm in heaven!

    Much love from Napa Valley!

    Paulina | Shenska

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the black and tan combo! This is why I love your style - love how you showcase basics and make them look stylish!

    Abby | Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment! I try my best to respond to everyone!